What does one do when they’re bored? They bake…and eat!
So I was experimenting and I created these amazing, sugar free vegan chocolate cookies yesterday. They were so so good. Especially the uncooked cookie mixture, it was sinfully addictive.
Meanwhile ¼ of the batch was getting eaten as I was preparing the chocolate cookies, I’m really bad at that!
I got at least 8 on the tray and I baked it for 10 minutes, They tasted better raw I thought. But Joel didn’t mind them at all. In fact, I don’t think we have any left today (uncomfortable face). Yes I did go back for another 2 later that evening. Here are the magical ingredients for Chocolate cookies (sugar free and vegan):
Chocolate Cookies (sugar free and vegan)
(Makes 10 cookies)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 serve of Brown rice protein powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Chia seeds
- ½ cup Erythritol
- Pinch of stevia
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of nuts (walnuts, brazil, almonds, and cashews)
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Combine oats and chia seeds in bowl with ½ cup water, put aside
- Combine protein powder, coconut flour, erythritol, sea salt, and cacao powder in a medium bowl and stir well
- Add oat and chia mixture to the dry ingredients
- Add Vanilla extract and melted coconut oil to the medium mixing bowl and combine everything really well
- Chop ¼ nuts up into smaller chunks and add to mixing bowl, stir them in well
- Make 10 Cookies and lay them on a baking tray with baking paper
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow them to cool and enjoy!
These guiltless chocolate cookies contain the follow nutrients:
172 calories, 10.8g fat (7.2g saturated), 13.5g Carbs (6.7g fibre, 1.3g sugar), Protein 5.6g, Calcium 2.2%, Iron 5.3% and Phosphorus 152%
What is one recipe, that you just can’t help picking while baking? I’d love to know there’s more people out there who do this too!