So I definitely know after eating bad consecutively I start to feel a little flabby around my stomach and hips and sometimes I even feel it in my inner thighs too. So when I reach my threshold, where I can not stand feeling that muffin top over my tight black skinny jeans anymore, I know it’s time to do some of my fat burning exercises and go clean eating again. These exercises are like my go-to, to get back into shape when I’ve let myself go for a little bit.
It’s important you remember these exercises for when you feel the same. No one maintains a perfect ideal body all year round, so it’s important you know how to melt that fat away on demand so you feel strong, fit and sexy again when you’re ready.
Ok so here are the 7 best fat burning exercises to melt fat and get fit fast….
1. Interval Sprints- I tend to do this one on a treadmill, if you’re new to interval sprints. Start with a 12-minute walk to warm up your muscles and prevent any injuries this also makes the interval sprints easier. Then start to jog for 30 seconds at 9km/hr. and sprint for 60 seconds at 12km/hr. do this for 20 minutes and you’ll be dripping with melted body fat… or sweat ;P(watch this video on how to do interval sprints easily and properly)
2. Burpees- Burpees are the best why to melt fat, get fit and to get a flat belly. And you know what, they burn heaps of calories too and make you stronger as they work your back, biceps, triceps, chest, quads, gluts, hamstrings, and abs all at the same time! And better yet they increase your running endurance, which means the longer you run, the more calories you burn and thus more weight you lose. Pretty epic, right? (Not sure how to do Burpees? Watch the video here.)
3. Core exercises- try holding a plank for 45 seconds, then 60 seconds, then 90 seconds and then 3 minutes once you’ve aced the plank than I recommend to do variation planks like the “single arm plank”, “single leg lift” and “spider plank” or the “knee to outside elbow plank”, some know it as. The benefit of doing these exercises is to increase your strength in your neck, shoulders, back, abdominal area, obliques, gluts, quads, hamstring and legs. (Watch the video here to learn how to do core exercises for a flat tummy)
4. Strength training- There’s so many benefits of strength training and of course burning fat is one of them. Not only this but it also increases your strength, which increases you endurance, improves your digestion and elimination process, helps you sleep better, and helps you lose more weight! How? Because muscle burns more calories than fat because of the higher rate of metabolism within the muscle tissue. Strength training also controls depression because it produces endorphins, reduces stress, protects you against heart disease, lowers blood pressure, increases your self confidence, decrease your body fat percentage and increases your lean tissue mass! So what are some of the best strength training exercises? Everything from pull-ups, to weighted lunges, squats, and absolutely kettle bell workouts. (Watch this video for a recommended fat burning workout with weight)5.Jumping Lunges and Jumping Squats- if you’re looking for a simple workout that you can do anywhere even in your own home than the jumping lunges and squats are perfect. If this is all you do everyday 50 times each for 3 rounds, you’ll see results trust me! Squats and lunges don’t just workout your quads, hamstrings and gluts but your core too. This leaves you gradually developing a nice tight toned tummy for sure! (Try this quick routing at home!)
5 & 6. Barbell Squats and Deadlifts- Although it’s not possible to count how many calories burnt in strength training it’s safe to say it will at least help create more muscle mass, which helps produce a faster metabolism. And having a fast metabolism is great when you eat the right foods. Doing squats and deadlifts with weights will definitely help you burn fat, sweat and improve your strength and endurance when running. Of course they will give you that tight tones sexy legs you’ve always wanted too. (How to do barbell squats and deadlifts at the gym video)
7. Running- running is the best way to burn heaps of calories but to burn fat It requires slower running for long periods of time so you’re body will use fat as it’s energy source instead of carbs like it does for fast interval sprints. Saying this though, it really just matters about the calories you put in versus the calories you put out in relation to fat and weight loss. So as long as you eat less than you burn you’ll lose weight! But even going for 40-60 minute power walks in the morning and before brekkie will get you burning fat! (Click here to learn how to run 10km in 30 days)
So there you have 7 of my best fat burning exercises. Remember to really get the results you need to eat a healthy date with it also. This means cut out all processed foods, eat low carb, cut sugar from your diet and simply move more! Keen to try my personal 7-day meal plan for dropping body fat? Click here.
Lots of love,
Question of the day
What’s your favourite fat burning workout?