It was simply one of those days where I was eating the house down…almost literally!
It’s coming to that time of the month again and all I want to eat is heaps and heaps of fatty, heavy, oily, sugary foods. You know those really bad kinds that eaten in large amounts will do some serious damage; well I was having one of those moments.
All I was craving today was BUTTER.
I absolutely love butter, but because I love it so much I can’t keep it in the house because I can literally eat half a block in one sitting.
Anyway I needed to find time to distract myself from my craving so instead I made myself some coconut lemon chia seed cookies!
These cookies weren’t as delicious as the extra buttery shortbreads that one can buy in mass processed amounts, but they did taste pretty awesome.
I have to admit eating half a batch, all at once, is not a good idea, even if they are healthier than regularly short bread.
These cookies are made with so much fibre, healthy fats and naturally sweetened with SweetMe, which is why they are a much healthier alternative.
They are dairy free, sugar free, gluten free and paleo.
The only thing that stops them from being vegan is the eggwhite I added, but that can easily be substituted with silken tofu, chia eggs or tapioca powder, if vegan is your diet preference.
One thing I did notice from my “binge” episode today is when you get the first warning signs of a binge coming along you need to either leave the house, or change what you are doing because it will spiral and get worse if you don’t.
I ate over 2300 calories today, which is the worse binge I’ve had! But because I know one bad day can’t ruin your body, I’m moving on from what happened and looking ahead to tomorrow, which is going to be a much healthier food day.
Anyway…let me get to the epic gluten free, paleo, and sugar free coconut lemon chia seeds short bread biscuit.
I invented the recipe too so let me know your thoughts!
I also highly recommend enjoying the cookie with a raspberry sauce, it will taste divine…I swear!
For those like me who are conscience of what they eat, this recipe is classified as low carb, high fibre, high protein, sugar free, low calorie and omega 3 high in healthy fats.
All ingredients I recommend a whole food and super healthy! If you’re not a fan of coconut oil, I do believe swapping coconut oil to butter would also be heavenly!
Gluten Free and Paleo Coconut Lemon Chia Seed Cookies
Makes 20 small biscuits
57 calories per biscuit
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp. Sweetme (or granulated stevia)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp. Sweetme
- Preheat oven 160 degrees Celsius
- Soak chia seeds in 3 tbsp. water
- Combine coconut flour, coconut oil, lemon juice, sweetme, in a medium mixing bowl
- Add vanilla essence, eggwhite and chia seed gel to mixing bowl and combine well
- Mix together in bowl and then pour batter on to a clean working bench where you make your love-heart shaped cookies
- Make 20 small cookies and bake in oven between 8-10minutes
- Make raspberry sauce-warm up raspberries in microwave with sweetme until you’re able to mix the raspberries into a sauce
- Add raspberry sauce on top of cookies once they are cool and enjoy!