Thinking what to pack for lunch can be so hard especially because you don’t want to spend all night prepping for tomorrow’s meals. If you’re anything like me then you also run out of inspiring ideas to cook.
For all my gluten free friends out there I have conjured up ideas to pack for your lunch box, which take no time at all and are full of variety.
These meal ideas include everything from morning tea and afternoon tea snacks to full lunch size meals. They’re also easy to prepare, super healthy, full-flavour and some will also be dairy free!
I personally am not gluten-intolerant however I naturally find myself eating foods that contain no wheat or gluten, because just like you, it makes me feel better.
With this in mind let’s quickly take a look at the benefits of packing your lunch verses buying food out:
- Save money- buying food out can be too expensive, especially when living in a busy city.
- Eat healthier-you can eat fresh whole food verses massed produced processed food
- Save on calories- you have control of what goes in your food, so you know how many calories you’re really consuming
- Gives you more choice– you’re not restricted with what’s available at time of purchase, rather you can decide to make whichever you desire
- Assist in weight loss-lose weight by packing healthier, filling, low calorie options verses purchasing food that may contain added sugar and fats for extra flavour
- You decide what you want to eat and when– You can choose anything you feel like or how much you feel like by packing food from home
Now you are educated on the reasons and benefits of packing lunch let us take a look at all the different healthy gluten free lunch box recipes for you. Most of these gluten free lunch box ideas will also be low-sugar or sugar free, contain healthy fats, high protein, low carb and high fibre…plus dairy free…Enjoy!
Gluten Free Lunch Box Ideas For Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Walnuts and Dates
- Vegetable Sticks
- Rice crackers with almond butter
- Protein Shakes
- PB2 with/ peanut butter
- Hummus and carrot
- Soaked Almond
- Celery and almond butter
- Roasted chickpeas
- Homemade Gluten Free muesli bar
- Protein balls
- Mixed beans with parsley
- ½ avocado
- Toasted seeds
- Hard Boiled eggs
- Baked Firm Tofu Chips
- Baked felafels
- Baked Potato/sweet potato/ butternut pumpkin
- Dark chocolate Trail Mixes
- Protein and coconut pikelets
- Zucchini and carrot Gluten Free muffins
- Pumpkin muffins
- Sugar Free Banana bread
- Quinoa berry muffins
- Pumpkin pikelets
- Spinach crepes
- Banana and Almond Butter Cos Wraps
- Almond Butter and Rice Crackers
- Salad bowl
- Vegan Rice paper rolls
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Norri Wraps
- Instant cuppa soup
- Pumpkin soup
Gluten Free Sandwich
- Quinoa avocado powder salad
- Chickpea, avocado and egg white salad
Roast pumpkin and quinoa salad with tahini
- Tofu Stir-fry
- Smoked salmon rice paper rolls
- Mediterranean, chickpea and Feta salad
What are some of your favorite healthy lunch box recipes?