I’ve got a confession to make – I’m addicted to peanut butter.
If it wasn’t for my recent self control I’d easily consume a jar in one sitting… again.
After my little peanut butter binge sesh (understatement), I remember working my ass off at the gym and eating super lean all week just to balance out all the calories…oops!
So in order to keep up my peanut butter habit to a normal person level, I decided to make my own sugar free version of peanut butter. One where it would be impossible to sit down to a jar at once.
You see, it’s easy to overeat on store brought peanut butters like “kraft” and “skippy” peanut butters because they add all the additive shit such as thickeners, preservatives, sugars, and vegetable oils. All these ingredients have been added strategically to their ingredients just so we can eat more than the suggested serving size. Because the sooner we finish our jar, the quicker we buy again…mmm
I was also over paying for peanut butter here in AUS. One stupid jar (375g) cost me $4 almost. My local Chinese store sold peanuts raw and peeled for $3 a kilo, so i was not going to reject the opportunity to make my very own peanut butter, sugar and preservative free!
My PB turned out to be the tastiest peanut butter I’ve ever had. True story.
And so I’ve decided to hell with store brought sugar-laden peanut butter, and just stick to my own healthy sugar free recipe instead.
I’ve made a ton of nut butters before, but peanut butter was by far the quickest to make! The recipe takes less then 7 mins and clean up was a breeze with my optimum 9200 blender
Sexy Homemade and Sugar Free Peanut Butter:
- 300g unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp. SweetMe (granulated stevia and erythritol) could be subbed with honey
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
Optionally You could even omit the SweetMe and sea salt and just have freshly grounded peanut butter!
Optional Add ins for an exotic flavoured peanut butter:
- 1.5 tbsp. raw Cacao/ cocoa powder (additional minerals)
- 2 tbsp. flaxseeds (additional omega 3s)
- 2 tbsp. flax oil (additional omega 3s)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (additional MCT fat benefits)
- ½ serve of whey vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 3 fresh dates
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- Place the peanuts, salt and SweetMe into your super powerful blender like the Optimum 9400, alternatively if your blender isn’t powerful enough use a powerful food processor
- Blend the ingredients into a powder by using your “pulse” button , and then scrape the sides down until it makes a “paste”.
- Repeat this system until it forms a “butter” you should get there in 3 minutes
- Add your additional “add ins” if you’ve chosen to make a flavoured peanut butter, alternatively pour your peanut butter into a jar
- Serve and enjoy!
P.S: if you prefer crunchy peanut butter add some crushed peanuts in at the end and stir it through
If you’re interested in taking your peanut butter love to the next step, then checkout these delicious flavoured peanut butter recipes. They are AMAZING!
Oh before you freak out and think peanut butter is bad for you, it’s not! PB is actually healthy and good for weight loss. I just don’t recommend a jar in one siting. That would probably help you gain weight 😉